The Curriculum of Delhi World Public Foundation adheres to the National Curriculum Framework 2005 (NCF 2005) and the CBSE curriculum.
The Foundation believes that the classroom experiences of children are to be organized in a manner that permits them to construct knowledge in consonance with the child’s nature and context, thus providing equal learning opportunities for all children. In order to cater the educational and interpersonal needs of different age groups, the school is divided into 4 groups –
Teaching aims at enhancing the child’s innate desire and acumen to learn. Activity is at the heart of children’s attempt to make sense of the world around them. Therefore,every resource is deployed in a child-centric manner to enable them to express themselves, handle objects, explore their natural and social milieu, and to grow up in good health.
Our guiding principles are as follows:
- a) Teaching and learning to shift away from rote methods
- b) Curriculum to be enriched enough to go beyond textbooks
- c) Teach less to learn more
- d) Opportunities to be created to enhance the ability of children to link learned knowledge to life outside the school
- e) Examinations to be more flexible and integrated with classroom life
- f) Classroom experience is directed towards becoming good citizens with a sense of equality and compassion towards others.
The search for individual and group excellence is facilitated through participation in interclass, interhouse and inter school competitions.